What is gout?
Gout is a condition that results from excess uric acid. Gout is caused by poor nutrition, excessive stress, and insufficient sleep. Gout is a sudden, severe pain that can be felt in the joints. The skin around the affected area will often become reddish and shiny. Gout attacks can often occur in a matter of hours.
Gout is most common in men between 30-50 years of age. Premenopausal women are more affected than those who are older. However, uric acids tend to rise with increased gout incidences after 50.
Gout typically affects one or two joints, but it can also affect the feet and ankles. Gout usually subsides within a week, even if there is no healing. It can take months or even years for it to return. As more joints become involved, the attacks become more frequent, more severe, and more severe. Gout can become chronic and debilitating.
Is it possible to cure gout naturally?
Gout treatment naturally can take time, especially if your body has accumulated toxins over the years. But it is well worth the effort. Clearing out accumulated toxins in your body promotes healthy functioning and natural good health.
Here are some things you can do.
1. Keep a healthy weight. As this can increase the risk of developing gout, it is not recommended that you are more than 30 pounds overweight.
2. If you have to, lose weight. Losing weight can reduce pressure on weight bearing joints, and lower your uric acid levels. It is not a good idea to encourage weight loss by fasting, as this can temporarily raise the uric acids level.
3. Avoid eating too many high-protein foods. A person should limit their intake of lean meats, fish, and poultry to six ounces. This is especially important for those with gout. High-protein foods increase blood levels of uric acid.
Gout treatment with natural remedies
Your body will be able to restore and sustain vibrant health by eating simple, natural foods in the right combination. Gout sufferers should eat 80 percent of their food raw, or organic if possible. This includes live foods such as sprouts, wheatgrass, fresh picked garden salads and other grains, fruits, and vegetables that can be substituted for protein.
Non-animal sources of protein, like beans, peas, and lentils, can provide the necessary protein. A variety of nuts are essential, including almonds, hazelnuts and apricot nuts.
Gout patients should avoid consuming purines, a substance found in certain foods.
These foods contain high levels purines:
* Organ meats such as liver, brain, kidneys, tongue, tripe and sweetbread
* Anchovies and herring, mackerel
* Meats, poultry, fish, shellfish, fish roe, scallops
People with gout should avoid beans, lentils and peas.
Gout can be treated by balancing the pH of the body. A healthy pH will result in a healthy immune system, and a healthier internal environment. When the blood pH is returned to a normal or slightly alkaline level, chronic illnesses can be healed.
Gout pains can be treated with exercise. Stretching improves and maintains joint motion and strengthens and stabilizes them. It also improves the body’s endurance and stamina.
It is important to reduce repetitive joint use and avoid injuries from sports by using proper warm-ups.
Gout can also be treated naturally by avoiding alcohol. Drinking excessive alcohol such as beer can cause uric acid to block and lead to gout. A male should have two drinks per day and a female one per day. A person suffering from gout should avoid alcohol consumption.
Drinking water is a natural cure for gout, as it can dilute the uric acid found in blood and urine.